Friday, March 4, 2011

New Coffee Table








Before
Before I painted the coffee table

I have absolutely 100% have LOVED everything and anything to do with Shabby Chic, but I just couldn't get over the fact that I was loving the country farmhouse, french, simple look. I don't think I've ever really noticed it. I was actually getting bored with pink, green, white. That was always what I was looking for in my decor. So I really have toned down the whole look of my home. I really wanted simple, clean and alot of white. So I painted anything that was green to white. I really didn't spend alot of money changing up my living room/dining room. I used what I had, which was basically giving it a coat of paint. Then I sold most of my floral china and used that money to redecorate my downstairs.

Now, not so sure the name of my blog goes with the look I'm going for!! So now I need a new name! But my bedroom I'm keeping romantic, but I've also toned that down to.

11 comments:

  1. It looks great painted white! I too love the french farmhouse look and am trying to incorporate bits here and there. Still have my pink and green though! take care, Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the transformation. I think white just makes us feel better, more relaxed and less cluttered.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently been changing things around my home too. I love shabby chic and finally realized that it does not mean having things pink and rosey! So...I think your blog name is still ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My living room has a lot of farmhouse touches in it... not a drop of pink or green! I use red and blue as the accent colors.

    My other shabby chic rooms are more traditional with the feminine touches.

    I love your coffee table :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! It's got that old-world charm to it. Have a fabulous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your livingroom looks very pretty and that you have achieved the look you want. I think that white is considered very shabby chic and it's how you use it that makes it shabby. So your name still fits your style.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog. I love the photos of the white sofa. I have three rooms in my little apt and two of them have white sofas. Everyone thinks that my style is shabby chic. And don;t get me wrong, I think RA is a genius. But I think of it as more farmhouse style. I don;t know. It sure is fun to play with it though, isn't it? Have a great sunday

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the coffee table matches your couch. I think it makes the whole look all around better. I also love the couch and the ruffle look that it has. The table went through an awesome transformation.

    PhD Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  9. The coffee table matches so well with the couch! Turned out great!

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love its transformation. I think white just makes us feel better, more relaxed and less messy.

    http://teflstore.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I appreciate all of your comments.